Wednesday, June 21, 2006

i am very lucky.

{a picture taken by bryna. i am performing a very special dance move in our living room}
I have now lived in my new abode for one month now, and despite the sinkpipe exploding & loosing its green algal contents all over everything, & the raucous magpie conferences at 5 a.m. outside my window, it has been a lovely month indeed. Here is a brief list of particular things I enjoy about my dwelling place:
-- the good, nourishing food that we cook in the kitchen, which is rather spacious & full of light & contains a rolling spice drawer & three shelves of tea.
-- the light shining on the hardwood floor in late afternoon; the ridiculous slipperyness & possibilities for dancing on that floor (see above photo)
-- the shadows: on the white walls, the 'waves' on the kitchen floor in the morning
-- the constant chirping & singing of birds (not so much the indignant magpies, though)
-- the lilac tree that was in full bloom when we moved in, the honeysuckle, the shade of the elms
-- the gravelly back alley, the green sweep of the old trees & the houses nestled between them, the kitchen view
-- tigerlilies, russian sage, peonies, irises, asters, delphinium...
-- hearing the united church choir across the street singing on sunday mornings, coming in my open window
-- riding my bicycle home on 115th avenue after the rain, the certain swoop of the slick road, the arches of trees above me
-- the night june air coming in my window, direct ambrosia to my nostrils, it pulls me, unravels, makes me want to go out walking forever.

No comments: