Saturday, July 22, 2006

sidewalk & postbox graffiti.


{stencil on the sidewalk, 76 ave near 105 or 104th st, near rollie miles park}

Focus is something that I have been lacking lately. It's nice that there are stencils on the sidewalk to remind me. The oppressive heat has melted my attention span for most things, especially summarizing linguistics articles in French. The sidewalk stencils (within the span of a block) also reminded me to try, love, and trust.


On our gelato obtaining expedition yesterday evening, Bryna & I had the opportunity to peruse the neighbourhood graffiti... I'm finding a lot of linguistic graffiti I'd like to investigate -- I've seen the word 'keverz' scribbled over a number of places, and also the strange bilingual phrase 'oui-knee'. (Weeny?) Edmonton also has a vibrant, eccentric post-box stencil scene, as evidenced by a double rendering of our favourite Klingon, seen above. This one is about 2 blocks south of my house.

Here are some 'listen' birds, roosting on a box on 82nd avenue and about 112th street, I think. They're the only pigeons I've seen around. I also saw a sketchy-looking 'listen' bird sprayed on bus-stop bench on Whyte Avenue that was advertising French bilingual school programs. It said 'ecoutez' instead. & that made me happy.

Yes. I should focus.

No comments: