Tuesday, January 01, 2008

it's a new year and i'm glad to be here, so let's sing...

the shores of chain lake, north of athabasca

(blistery sun, north of athabasca)


I can’t sleep when I think about the times we’re living in, / I can’t sleep when I think about the future I was born into (...) / And the pain that we left at the station will stay in a jar behind us. / We can pickle the pain into blue ribbon winners at county contests.
('2080', Yeasayer)

* * *

Let’s play this one out, until it explodes / Into a thousand tiny pieces / What’s the story universe /You are melody in numbers / You were shapes you were rhythms /There are signs that we can learn / Place over the heavens / To predict how long we’ll burn /How long will I last? (...)
('Thousand Tiny Pieces', Sean Hayes)



* * *



Happy New Year! з Новим Роком! That is really all for now...



Here are some songs I find appealing... (lyrics above). I feel exactly like both of them at once.





2080 (mp3) -- Yeasayer (All Hour Cymbals)



Thousand Tiny Pieces (mp3) -- Be Good Tanyas (Hello Love)



(Also, both of these CDS are lovely & most definitely worthy of purchase, in case you are wondering)




2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow... these photos are lovely... are they yours??

I've got my work up at http://tsururadio.deviantart.com

thanks again for visiting tsururadio!

jenanne said...

thank you! yes, all the photos on the blog are mine, unless otherwise credited.

i will have to peruse yours, too. thanks for the link!

& i'm sure i'll wander back to tsururadio too... :)