Saturday, March 26, 2011

photo show

Recently, some Northern Studies friends here at the University in Yakutsk put together a little photo show at a gallery here in town, in order to promote their department and display all the lovely images collected by students while studying and exploring northern places. They invited me to include some photos of Northern Canada. I gave them a selection that I chose quite quickly, with some of Alberta and some of the Yukon, and they decided to display the following four... Interestingly, all of the chosen ones ended up not being truly 'arctic' latitude-wise, but are from the Rockies & the northern Alberta boreal forest... Nevertheless, here they are:

I am happy one of my hungry waxwings was selected...
(my neighbourhood, Edmonton, Jan. 2009)

Sunset on the Lesser Slave River, Alberta, August 2010.
Magic hour! I love the little luminous cloud in the top left.

The canonical Lake Louise view; I was surprised this one was selected because I didn't think it was the most interesting. However, I like the effect of the forest-fire smoke making the background hazy... (August 2010)

Bent sedge-grass at the edge of Lawrence Lake
(near Athabasca, Alberta. March 2009.)

2 comments:

Arinn said...

congratulations! i imagine it feels very nice to be included<3 the photos they chose are quite lovely!

jenanne said...

thank you! it was indeed nice to be invited to share a bit of canadiana...