Monday, December 01, 2008

heart spatter.

sun reflecting on the ice-floes, n. sask river, edmonton, nov. 28/08


sunset. n. sask river valley, edmonton, nov. 28/08


light in the dry golden grasses, n. sask river valley, edmonton, nov. 28/08

the spruces gone to kindling in the sun, n. sask river, edmonton
nov. 28/08

Often I am overwhelmed with the immensity of being in love with everything; I feel like I am being ripped up like paper, into heart-shreds, because there is so much & I want to encompass it all. & then the realization comes each time that I am already part of it, I am made of this: stand on the edge of the river, watch the slushy platelets of ice rush through the artery, crowding serenely, sliding up along the half-frozen edges, bloodcells pushing gentle & relentless against the soft walls of the aorta. Feel an indivisibility in the pulsing, the breathing, between you & the water & the air & the sand frozen at the river-edge, melting between the sky & the light, the light strikes & the heart spatters, exploding into a thousand droplets into the water, & freezing, flows on. (This is everything; this is being alive.)






No comments: