Saturday, September 02, 2006

shkarpetka!


{a hand-knitted sock}

In other news, I have finished knitting my first sock. My first sock with a heel that is; I once made a saggy little tube-like sock. This one is much more sophisticated, I think.

On to the second of the pair!

My love of knitting is seeing a resurgence, as it seems to be just the activity to assuage the twitching my anxious brain. Everyone I know will be getting something knitted for Christmas... socks & armwarmers & toques & legwarmers oh my!

Yes. As well as being a 'mountain (wo)man in training' under the tutelage of my father, I must say I am also a dedicated baba-in-training... I don't think I'll ever have children, but I think that by fully mastering the arts of borshch-making, spontaneous folksong-singing & prolific knitting, I think I can achieve at least minor baba status in this lifetime... ;)

My own baba knit at least 100 double-bed size afghan blankets. It is indeed a good idea to start young.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Jenanne,

thanks for writing! I uploaded some music already. And there will be some more, I'm working on it :-)

Best wishes,
Maarika